Sunday, February 8, 2015

Love Bug Valentine's Day Card

To me, February means Valentine's Day, and Valentine's Day means Valentine cards.

This is pretty uncharacteristic of me, but this year, I already finished working on my husband's Valentine card.


I'm loving this clean and simple card.  I love the cute images from Lawn Fawn, too.  I'm loving coloring, lately, although I still have to take the leap into Copics.  I used my Stampin' Write markers to color these images.


See what I mean?  So, so cute.  It's such a great builder set.  There are so many more images in the stamp set, and I bought the coordinating dies.  When popped up with one layer of foam tape, the die cut images add such nice dimension to the card.  See?

I'm going to tell you a secret.  I actually stamped the branch twice, to make it long enough so there's room for the two love bugs.  I hid the "joint" between the two branches behind one of the leaves.

And the sentiment!  I'm super-loving how well it stamps with my favorite Memento ink.


I think this card will make my husband smile.  I can't wait to give him his card on Valentine's day.

I used these supplies to make this card:
Stamp set (Bugs and Kisses, Lawn Fawn) - I bought it with the coordinating dies, although I believe they are also available separately
Stampin' Write markers (Stampin' Up!)
Big Shot Magnetic Platform (Sizzix) - this is a life changer!!!  It helps keep the dies in place while die cutting.

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment