Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Cards and Tags

I'm interrupting the organization theme of my posts to share with you my Christmas card this year.  I know, I can't believe I'm posting it just three measly days before Christmas.  I also can't believe I've forgotten to post it before.

Anyway, here it is:


This year, I decided that I wanted to simplify my card-making process, so I chose to mass-produce a single card design (see last year's card, gift card holders for teachers and coworkers, and tags).  This will serve as our Christmas card and our gift card holder this year.

This card is my interpretation of a card I saw at the crop I attended.  I only saw a peek of it (the lady next to me was mass-producing them) because I was busy making my own project, but I'm fairly satisfied with how it turned out.

Here is a closer view of the ribbon, the snowflake (it was so hard to capture it well on camera, since it's shiny surface was reflecting light like crazy) and the embossing:


And here is the inside of the card:


I also made some tags for my husband's and my presents to our coworkers.  Again, I decided to simplify by using and coloring a single stamp for our tags:



Please excuse the smear of ink on the bottom of this photo.  I saw this while I'm posting this photo.  I was able to change the tag before giving it to the recipient, but I didn't have time to take a photo).

Products Used:
Snow Swirled (Stampin' Up!)
Tags Til Christmas (Stampin' Up!)
Greetings of the Season (Stampin' Up!)
Stampin' Write Markers (Stampin' Up!)
Black embossing powder (Stampin' Up!)
Snowflake embellishment (Jo-ann's)
Black and white twine (my stash)
Red, white, shimmer, kraft, black cardstock (my stash)

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment