Friday, December 20, 2013

Santa Gift Card Holder Tutorial

While I was browsing through cards online for inspiration, I saw a cute Santa card that I wanted to recreate.  Unfortunately, I could not find the photo again.  So, this is not my original idea, but I wanted to share my take on it.


It's cute, and simple, and is perfect to hold a gift card for each of r's daycare teachers.

These are what you need to get started:


White, yellow, red, black cardstock (Recollections)
1-3/8" square punch (Stampin' Up)
1/2" circle punch (Stampin Up)

I intially wanted to use a smaller square punch for the inside of Santa's buckle, but it looked small around the "waist" so I used this instead:


I cut my card base (red) at 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" for an A2 sized card.  I cut a 2"x2" square out of yellow cardstock for the buckle.  I cut a 1-1/2" x 4-1/4" black strip of cardstock for the belt, and punched the inside of the buckle in black cardstock, using Stampin' Up's 1-3/8" square punch.  I then punched out 1/2" circles out of black cardstock for the buttons.


To assemble the card:
1.  Attach the black square to the yellow square of cardstock, making sure that the black square is more or less centered, for the belt buckle.
2.  Attach the black strip of cardstock to the red card base.
3.  Attach the belt buckle (see Step 1) to the belt, again making sure that the buckle is more or less centered.
4.  Attach two black circles for the buttons.

Ta-da!


See how nicely a gift card fits on the inside of the card.  I adhered a white card mat to the other half of my card for the message.


Quick, simple, easy, and cute!  I hope you try this.

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment