Thursday, December 12, 2013

One is Fun Birthday Card

Hi, everyone!  I hope everyone is having a great week so far.  One more day and it's Friday!

And one more day, and it's almost my niece's birthday!  One of my nieces is turning one on Saturday, and we're going to a birthday party!  Here is the card I made for her, to come with our gift:


I'm entering this card to this week's Less is More challenge:  to use a metallic element plus one color on the card.

Since it's my niece's first birthday, I cut the number one with my Cricut in light pink cardstock, then used a darker pink cardstock for contrast.



Here is my metallic element, silver glimmer brads from Stampin' Up, on each end of my sentiment banner:


I embossed the light pink card mat using with the Happy Birthday embossing folder from Cuttlebug.

Do you think it's still a clean and simple card?  I think so, and I hope the Less is More challenge hosts agree. ;)  Check out the rest of the cards here

Here are the products I used for this card:
Light and dark pink cardstock (The Paper Company)
White cardstock (scraps)
Cricut catridge (Mini Monograms for the cirles and number)
Cuttlebug embossing folder (Happy Birthday)
Memento Rose Bud ink
Sentiment stamp from Pink by Design (Age is a Number)
Stampin' Up glimmer brads
Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. Super pink card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Thanks, Chrissie! My niece's favorite color is pink (she's one, so maybe it's more accurate to say that we assume that her favorite color is pink).

      Delete