Friday, December 20, 2013

More Christmas Gift Card Holders!

All of you must think I'm a lousy gift-giver, since I'm giving out gift cards instead of a more personal, thoughtful gift.  But, my "giftees" (is there such a word?) all asked for gift cards for Christmas, so I'm more than happy to oblige.  After all, there are cute ways to give out gift cards, too, right?


Again, this is not my original idea -- I CASE'd (copied and shared everything) this card from this blog.  When I saw the photos of her gift card holders, I just thought they were so cute.  I'm glad she posted instructions on how to recreate them.



The outer pocket that holds the gift card and it's holder is cut out of red cardstock.  I used patterned paper as a mat on the front, to jazz it up a bit.  I'm not sure if you can see it on the photos, but the Christmas trees have glitter on them, which I thought was so pretty.

The actual gift card holder is made of green cardstock, and it slides into the outer pocket.  I cut it out with my Big Shot.



I then stamped my image on white cardstock, punched it out with a circle punch, layered it over a red scallop circle, and finally popped it over the green cardstock gift card holder.  I think the white, red, and green made a nice contrast.


Here are the products that I used to make these gift card holders:
Red and green cardstock (Recollections)
White cardstock (Georgia Pacific)
Patterned paper (DCWV)
Cottage Ivy ink (Memento)
Oh, Dear! stamp set for the Christmas tree (Stampin' Up)
Two Tags Die (Stampin' Up)
1-3/8" circle punch (Stampin' Up)
1-3/4" scallop circle punch (Stampin' Up)

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment