Friday, December 13, 2013

Happy Winter Card

It's been snowing hard these past few days, so we can definitely feel that it's winter.  I'm not a winter person, because I get cold easily, but it doesn't stop me from watching all of the fun winter activities from inside our house.

I made this card for the Crafty Cardmakers challenge this week, which is to create a "winter fun" card, but it should not be a Christmas or New Year card.  I think it's a great challenge, and I really had to think to come up with this:


I'm not sure if you can tell from the photo, but I used shimmering white paper for my base.



This is how the card looks when it's opened (it opens at the slope):


I cut the sledding boy using my Cricut (I love his facial expression -- doesn't that say "winter fun?").  I popped him on some Stampin' Dimensionals and stuck him on the slope, so he looks like he's sledding down from it.

I cut the slope using a die from Papertrey Ink.  The sentiment is stamped in Bahama Blue ink on two layers of square cardstock (punched with two nesting Stampin' Up square punches).

The "snow" on the background is made from Stampin' Up's Dazzling Diamonds.

Here is a list of products I used:
White shimmer cardstock (JoAnn's -- I don't think they carry this anymore)
Blue, red, kraft, ecru, and black cardstock (The Paper Studio)
Cricut cartridge (Winter Frolic)
Papertrey Ink die (In the Meadow -- for the slope)
Memento Bahama Blue ink
Stampin' Up Happy Winter stamp set (for the sentiment)
Stampin' Up Dazzling Diamonds
Stampin' Dimensionals

I hope everyone has a happy and safe winter!  Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love his little face, and yep he definitely looks like he is having fun!

    Thanks for sharing this adorable creation with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lin! I had fun making this card. Thank you for accepting it to the challenge.

      Delete
  2. Well done you!!!!! Love this happy little soul - thanks for sharing at Crafty Cardmakers too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that guy certainly looks like he's having fun!! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Cardmakers, Cindy (PS, I'm not a winter person either!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! Sorry for the late reply. Happy holidays!

      Delete
  4. That for sure is winter fun! We have to do that on the grass for now as we have about 10 degrees celcius in Kalmar sweden at the moment. Can't wait for the snow. Cute! Thanks for playing along with my Winter fun challenge over at CCM. Merry Christmas!
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie! :) I'm jealous of having green grass in December! :) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Happy new year!

      Delete