Sunday, November 24, 2013

Shoe Birthday Card

My husband comes from a big family, and on some months it feels like we're celebrating someone's birthday every week.

Not in November, though.  With 18+ people in the family (parents, siblings, and nieces/nephews), the honor of celebrating the only birthday in November belongs to my brother-in-law (he's really my husband's brother in-law, but for simplicity's sake, I will claim him as mine.  Lol.).

My brother-in-law, A, loves basketball shoes.  He loves the sport, but he loves the shoes more, so I made him this card:


Okay, it really is more of a sneaker than a basketball shoe card, but I'm sure he'll get a kick out of this, card, anyway.  Get it, "kick"? :p  Awful, I know.  Sorry, I can't help it.


I used the following products to make the card:
White, red, and black cardstock (Recollections)
Embossed red card mat using Cuttlebug embossing folder (Traffic Jam)
Shoe cut with Cricut cartridge (Boys Will be Boys)
Stampin' Up's Celebrate in Style stamp set for the sentiment (I love this sentiment -- and this stamp set is one of the first Stampin' Up sets I owned)
Memento ink (Tuxedo Black)
Stampin' Dimensionals to pop up the shoe and the sentiment

Actually, now that I've thought about it, I think he loves Michael Jordan the most, but I really can't put Michael Jordan in a card, right?

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment