Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Everything "Twined" Card

I must be going for a record.  I went on for weeks without posting anything, and now I'm up to post #3.  In one day.

My only excuse is, I had some time today, and inspiration struck.  Don't you love it when it happens?

I've been loving clean and simple (CAS) cards lately (please don't get me wrong -- I love me some embellisments, too!), but there is something visually appealing about all that "white" space.

I came across the "Less Is More" challenge blog, and now I've found a great reason to make clean and simple cards.

The challenge this week (Week 143) is to make card using string or twine.

Here is my entry to the challenge:



I used Stampin' Up's butterfly punch on a piece of white cardstock, and stamped the butterfly antennae (Butterfly Prints, Stampin' Up) and the sentiment "Happy Everything" (Hero Arts) in Tuxedo Black (Memento).  Then I wrapped turquoise twine on the card base, and used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere my white layer to the base.  Lots and lots of dimensionals, to make sure everything is held securely in place.

I also made a coordinating envelope:


The stamped butterfly image on the envelope is from Stampin' Up's Flight of the Butterfly stamp set, in Tempting Turquoise.  The antennae is from Butterfly Prints stamp set, again, from Stampin' Up.


There are so many great entries -- please check them out here.

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that I'm so late in visiting this time!
    This is just super... what patience!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"
    We would be really grateful if you could remove the Word Verification from your blog... it makes commenting so much easier! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie, for stopping by, and of course for leaving a comment. :)
      I just turned off word verification. I just figured out how to do it. Sorry. Lol.

      Delete