Thursday, October 31, 2013

DIY Smurfs Costume

Two posts in 24 hours!

I had planned to use r's Bamm Bamm costume for his school parade and party, but it's gotten much colder these past few days, that I was worried that r may get cold today.

So, I had to come up with a Plan B.

Plan B needs to be simple, and made of clothing that we already have on hand.  It also needs to be comfortable, since r will need to wear it for most of the day.  I browsed through photos on the Internet, and saw this costume:

Photo credit:  www.buycostumes.com


This is what I came up with:


I took a blue long-sleeved onesie, a white pair of pants, and white sneakers, all of which r already had.

The only thing I had to make, was the Smurf hat.


I measured one of r's baseball caps, to make sure that the hat will fit.  I drew an outline of the hat on white felt, making sure that the base was a few centimeters bigger than r's head (to make room for stitching).  I sewed around the outline, leaving the base open, of course.  I hemmed it up just to make a finished look. :)  Being new to sewing, I was a little worried about this Smurf hat idea, but I'm happy with the way it turned out.

I think that's it.  I'm all done with Halloween for now. :p

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment