Monday, December 10, 2012

Mojo Monday 270

I am back to playing at Mojo Monday -- and I just realized that I missed the deadline to upload my photo via their linky by 2 whole hours.  I did have my card made and ready by Friday, but I just did not get to a computer until now.

Last Friday, my mom and I took my son to his pediatrician for a well-baby visit, and he got 3 of his shots done.  I've never liked needles, and I'm scared of shots myself so it's always tough for me to take him to his doctor's appointments.  I have to tough it out each time, though, because I want to support him and be there for him.  Boy, being a mommy is not easy. :)

He napped on Friday after the doctor's, so I managed to make this card.


This is based on the sketch here:


I had gone through my stash of cards several days ago, and I realized that I was running low on everyday cards.  I love this sketch because it was perfect for the "Hello" sentiment from Lacy and Lovely (Wood:  122885; Clear:  122887), stamped in Marina Mist (126962) on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock (100730).

I used the Festival of Prints DSP (126904).  This paper stack is certainly awesome for holiday cards, but I'm happy to say that it works out well for an everyday card, too.  I placed a late order for this baby, and I wanted to be able to use the DSP long after the holidays.  I punched one edge of the DSP using the Scallop Trim border punch (118402).  It's one of my favorite punches.

I used Marina Mist cardstock (119682) for the base,  and Early Espresso cardstock (119686) for the mat.  For a nice pop of color, I made flowers using Daffodil Delight cardstock (119683), cut using the Floral Fusion Sizzlits (115969)  and the Big Shot (113439).  The flowers were held together using Early Espresso brad (3/16 Neutrals brads, 119737).  I ran a Daffodil Delight 1/4 inch Stitched Grosgrain ribbon (126872) over the DSP.

All of the products I used for this card is available for purchase at my Stampin' Up! store.

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

P. S.  A new Mojo Monday sketch will be up tomorrow, and I hope I can get my card in before the linky closes next Sunday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment