Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Yesterday was my Mom's 63rd birthday.

We celebrated her birthday last Saturday, with a catered dinner with family.  Preparing for the party was definitely hard work, but I'm glad Mom had a blast.

I baked her a cake.  Only a few people know this, but before I got into paper-crafting, I loved to bake.  I still love to bake, but I don't love the clean-up that comes with it.  With paper-crafting, I still get the creative satisfaction, with a lot less clean-up (although my husband will disagree, especially if I'm working on a big project).

I don't have a photo of the cake because I was hoping to snap a quick one during the party, and of course, we got so busy chatting with everyone and playing with the babies (my Mom's side of the family had been really blessed with little ones this year), that the cake was gone before I knew it.

I also made these for the guests:



I've been itching to use the It's a Wrap Occasions stamp set (Wood:  123590; Clear:  123592) since I got it several months ago.  It's going to be one of my favorite stamp sets -- I have a feeling you'll be seeing more of these wrapped nuggets in the future. ;)

I have to say, I really love how it stamps crisply and cleanly on Whisper White cardstock (100730) in Riding Hood Red ink (126968).  I used the Top Note Bigz die (113463) on my Big Shot (113439), and voila -- an instant topper!  I added a flower (from the Button Buddies stamp set -- Wood:  122735; Clear:  122737) stamped on Whisper White cardstock (still using the same Riding Hood Red ink) and punched out with the 1-3/4 scallop circle punch (119854).

The sentiment is from A Word For You stamp set (Wood:  117032; Clear:  120528).

I made 28 of these treat bags for our guests to take home.

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

P. S.  All the products I listed above (aside from the candy and the treat bag) are available at my Stampin' Up! store.

No comments:

Post a Comment